The Rotorua Golf Club, also known as Arikikapakapa is currently seeking a qualified Course Superintendent to lead the upkeep and management of our 18-hole golf course.
Arikikapakapa is a special place like no other, with a unique geothermal course set in the heart of New Zealand’s premier visitor destination, Rotorua. The course provides a magnificent golfing experience with breath-taking scenery and an invigorating challenge full of variety. The club was founded in 1906 and currently has 450 members. The club’s uniqueness attracts many visitors, and the course is busy on a regular basis.
The Course Superintendent will oversee three fulltime green keepers and be responsible for delivering a premier golf course for all to enjoy. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has a Level 4 Sports Turf Qualification or equivalent.
- Has considerable experience in the golf course industry.
- Has been a Superintendent or Assistant who is ready to take a step up in responsibility.
- Is a team player who can guide and manage our staff and volunteers to ensure Arikikapakapa is presented at its best, to be enjoyed by members and visitors of all abilities.
- Holds a Grow Safe and Approved Handler’s Certificate.
- Has a good understanding of Workplace Health and Safety requirements and the reporting of them.
- Has strong communication skills.
- Has strong people skills and relates well to all stakeholders.
- Can work closely with the Club’s General Manager who the Course Superintendent will report to on all matters.
The Rotorua Golf Club also has well advanced and extensive re-development plans to build new holes incorporating more of the geothermal areas in the Northern Arikikapakapa Reserve. The appointee will be expected to take an active role in this development, both in the planning and implementation, in conjunction with the Club’s designer.
A copy of the job description can be found here.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover to the General Manager at email@example.com. Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 12 April.